Millions of patients worldwide have achieved a straighter, healthier smile with Invisalign®. But where the traditional treatment can take anywhere from 18 to 24 months, Invisalign Express can straighten a smile in about six months. We offer this innovative treatment at Spokane Orthodontics in Beaver Falls, PA. Those who qualify for Invisalign Express can often begin treatment the day of their consultation.
Benefits of Invisalign Express
The primary advantage of Invisalign Express is that treatment can be completed in half the time as conventional orthodontics. This option also offers:
- Discreet treatment: Because Invisalign trays are fabricated from clear thermoplastic materials, they are not visible to others while you are wearing them.
- No dietary restrictions: Since the clear aligners are removable, you can still eat all of your favorite foods while you undergo treatment.
- Optimal comfort: With a sleek and smooth design, the aligners are comfortable to wear. The trays do not irritate the lips, cheeks, and tongue the way conventional braces often do.
- Improved hygiene: It can be challenging to brush and floss around metal braces. However, because Invisalign trays are removable, you will not have to change your daily oral hygiene regimen.
- Affordability: Invisalign Express requires fewer trays than traditional Invisalign, resulting in a notably lower cost of treatment.
Invisalign Express is designed to address minor orthodontic issues. Any crowding, rotation, or spacing must be minimal. Patients with more severe or complex orthodontic issues will likely be better suited to traditional Invisalign or braces.
Furthermore, individuals considering Invisalign should be in good oral health and free of gum disease or decay. Any restorative procedures should be performed prior to orthodontic treatment. During your initial consultation, Dr. David Spokane or Dr. Melissa Karski can help you determine if Invisalign Express is right for you.
What to Expect during Treatment
If you are a candidate for treatment, we will take digital impressions the same day with our iTero® scanner. This device captures thousands of images of your teeth and combines them into an accurate 3-D representation. Not only does this process eliminate the need for messy traditional impressions, it also allows patients to preview what their new smile will look like before Invisalign treatment even begins. Once the scans are complete, they will be sent to the Invisalign lab, where a technician will begin fabricating your aligners. This process usually takes about four to six weeks.
If you want a straighter, healthier smile in half the time, Invisalign Express could be the solution for you.
When your new aligners arrive, we will schedule you for a second visit. During this appointment, your doctor will assess the fit of your first set of trays. You will be provided with detailed guidelines, which should be followed precisely for successful treatment.
Invisalign trays must be worn at least 22 hours a day and should only be removed when eating, drinking, or cleaning your teeth. Every two weeks or so, you will switch out your current tray for the next. Over the course of treatment, the teeth gradually shift into place. Once the desired results are achieved, a retainer is worn to maintain your investment.
Enjoy Straighter Teeth in Six Months
If you want a straighter, healthier smile in half the time, Invisalign Express could be the solution for you. To learn more, or to schedule a visit at our practice, send us photos now for a virtual consultation, or simply contact us anytime.