Comfortable, Efficient Treatment with the Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device
Adolescent orthodontic patients who have excessive overbites traditionally required cumbersome headgear that was prone to breaking. Fortunately, the Forsus™ Fatigue Resistant Device offers an alternative that is more reliable and easier to wear than past treatment options. The doctors of Karski & Spokane Orthodontics offer the advanced treatment option, which can eliminate the need for corrective surgery for some patients. Dr. David Spokane and Dr. Melissa Karski can determine whether this device is right for you or your child during an appointment at our Beaver Falls, PA, office.
The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device uses coil springs to exert gentle, constant pressure on the teeth and jaw.
How Does the Device Work?
The Forsus appliance basically consists of two parts that are attached to each side of the patient’s jaws: spring rod coils and small metal tubes called advancement tubes. The device works with existing braces and does not require the removal of either the bracket or archwire. The open coil spring exerts forward pressure on the mandibular (lower) arch while simultaneously exerting a pulling force on the maxillary (upper) arch. The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device can easily be applied during one appointment at our Beaver Falls dental practice.
Our Beaver Falls dental practice uses the Forsus device because it offers our patients many benefits. One major problem we run into with adolescents is compliance. When teens and pre-teens are expected to wear elastics or adjust their devices, many simply fail to meet our compliance requirements.
The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device does not require our patients to install, remove, or adjust the device at any point. This can mean shorter treatment times and more predictable results. The Forsus device offers several other critical advantages over alternative treatments:
- Easy Installation: The Forsus’ unique “out of the box” design means it can be placed during one easy visit. The orthodontic device works with the patient’s existing braces and wires without the need to remove the brackets or archwire.
- Gentle, Consistent Force: Our doctors are always mindful of the comfort of our young patients. The Forsus device maintains a steady average force of 200 grams. That pressure is considerably lighter than alternative appliances.
- Durability: Alternative treatment devices are prone to breaking due to their complexity and the number of parts involved. The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device is designed to be reliable and durable throughout treatment. The lab-tested coaxial spring is designed to resist fatigue for six months or longer.
- Convenient: Advances in dental technology allow patients to use the compact device with minimal discomfort. The telescoping cylinder is designed to remain flush with the teeth. The linear design minimizes protrusion toward the gums.
- Hygienic Design: The Forsus’ unique spring assembly allows for ease of cleaning. The device is also designed to minimize food traps.
- Predictable Results: By eliminating the need for patient compliance and delivering consistent pressure over the course of the treatment, the Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device delivers accurate treatment timelines and outcomes.
Learn More about the Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device
The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device can improve the fit of a patient’s bite, address overbite, and even eliminate the need for corrective jaw surgery. To learn more about its benefits and applications, please contact our office online or call (724) 591-5758. Our office accepts CareCredit® financing and offers in-house payment plans to help patients afford treatment.